For the most current photo exploits of my time in Hong Kong and East Asia, look no further than my Instagram feed here (or follow me @scriptmonkeyking).

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weird Food Stuff of the Week

There are gelato places throughout the world and Hong Kong is one of those places. As for flavours, there are the usual suspects and of course the local takes, which is what drew me into this gelato shop.





It was nice that it was started by a fellow Canadian.

XTC Gelato is located in the SOHO area of Central in Hong Kong. It's tucked under the many staircases and the world's longest covered escalator.



So my eyes scanned for any flavour that was unique to Hong Kong or East Asia.





Hong Kong milk tea is a popular drink here that I'll go into detail later. It's one of my favourite caffeine drinks, next to the likes of Vietnamese coffee.



After seeing Szechuan Pepper I just had to try it. It tasted like It was spicy and like eating creamy pepper. So I took the Hong Kong Milk Tea instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment