For the most current photo exploits of my time in Hong Kong and East Asia, look no further than my Instagram feed here (or follow me @scriptmonkeyking).

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Weird Food Stuff of the Week

So I went into KFC to try their take on one of the typical styles of breakfasts here. This one is where you have macaroni in chicken broth and some kind of meat. In this case KFC added a roasted chicken thigh and some tomatoes. I could have picked the traditional fried chicken, but to toss that into chicken broth?

 

This is sort of like a noodle soup, but more greasy and with thick macaroni. It's probably tastes better than it sounds and it does for the most part. Even in Toronto you can get this kind of breakfast; just not from KFC of course. Most Chinese greasy spoons will serve it. There's different takes on it that usually comes in the form of different combs that you can pick from. Choices of different meats from the likes of Spam to ham, and a drink. The drinks that you can usually pick from are Hong Kong Tea, milk tea or lemon in hot water. I've been having way too much caffeine lately so I paid a little extra for some juice.


No comments:

Post a Comment