For the most current photo exploits of my time in Hong Kong and East Asia, look no further than my Instagram feed here (or follow me @scriptmonkeyking).

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More Robot Love

Still going through a slew of photos and picked this one of a blind box collection of Macross (and for some of you, Robotech) figures. I picked this up from a old junk toy shop in the middle of Hong Kong. Can't recall where, since there are hundreds of them scattered throughout. For $15 HKD (divided that by 7.6 to find out the Canadian dollar equivalent), how could I go wrong?





The detail and paint job of the 6" figure is amazing. There's airbrushing details for $15 HKD?




Um, this booklet isn't for this figure.


Whatever. Still cool to me.

Find things like this reminds me how I used to walk by the toy shops in the Asian malls back home. Priced high, but oh so desirable. Much like my desire to nab the Gaiking Revoltech figure back then, which I got the open faced one from Macau (click here for that post), I can without much slaughter to my wallet.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I'll let you know after I fill my shelves with robot love.

No comments:

Post a Comment