For the most current photo exploits of my time in Hong Kong and East Asia, look no further than my Instagram feed here (or follow me @scriptmonkeyking).

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chinese New Year Lion Dancing

I was having lunch with my wife when we heard walked out on the rainy plaza to see this lion dance group set up. We didn't expect too much, as it was at a small shopping area. Though Aberdeen Centre is one of the key places in Hong Kong Island, it's not one of the major spots big entertainment. We were presently surprised of course. Besides leaping and climbing poles while lion dancing, they did in the rain. Nutty. I'm glad my Blackberry had enough battery for the videos I caught.



To watch the videos, do click into the photos.

Hong Kong Tidbit: Okay, this really isn't just for Hong Kong, but as you may know, I'm still figuring out what's the best structure for this blog. So with that said...Before any lion can dance it must have their eyes painted. This is done on site, right before the dancing ceremony begins. It gives them life as it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment