For the most current photo exploits of my time in Hong Kong and East Asia, look no further than my Instagram feed here (or follow me @scriptmonkeyking).

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bagging Comic Books Efficiently

Space is commodity here in Hong Kong, so people here have learned to master the use of it. They like to keep things all packed up neat and tidy like, so when I found this packaging for my books I was pretty happy.



They have these bags from every comic, Manga, magazine and book size imaginable. Pretty cool, no?

As for the banana container--I think you can make up your own jokes without much effort, right?



Interesting thing about people in Hong Kong is that many like to collect (or horde) books, figure and other knickknacks. If you've been to Chinatown in the city you're living, you probably have seen plastic display boxes from every figure size you can imagine. I bought over a few things from home, which I'm going to see if I can find plastic display containers for. Not to mention that I should open the Gaiking I bought a while ago.

I know. I'm such a geek.

Talking about being a geek, I went to see if one of the four comic book shops here that sold North American comics was still around. It wasn't. I talked to someone who has a shop near where it used to be and was told that most folded up. Sad to hear, but will get an update when I do more research for my Hong Kong LCS (local comic shop).

No comments:

Post a Comment