For the most current photo exploits of my time in Hong Kong and East Asia, look no further than my Instagram feed here (or follow me @scriptmonkeyking).

Monday, December 21, 2009

Script Monkey King Logo

First off major thanks to Jessie Lam! You so awesome girl!

This is how it came about: I was talking with my friend and super talented artist pal, Jessie Lam (go to her website, now!) about needing a logo for my blog. I gave a small description (a take on the Monkey King where his crown curls up into a light bulb to reflect creative ideas, and instead of his staff we have a pencil to show the writer aspect) and she turns around and delivers it with a BAM!

From Script Monkey King

Seriously, that's what she wrote in her email to me. I tweaked the light bulb with some slight lens flare (yes, that's right lens, flare), as well as the clouds too (Please don't kick my butt Jesse). Not crazy about the text, but for better or for worse this is what the logo will be for now.

From Script Monkey King

I may set up a competition for different renditions of the logo, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment