For the most current photo exploits of my time in Hong Kong and East Asia, look no further than my Instagram feed here (or follow me @scriptmonkeyking).

Friday, October 23, 2009

The Journey Begins

I leave my home of the West on the day of the first frost. I hadn't slept, packing to the very end as it were. Autumn has truly arrived. Changes are ahead. Getting to the plane was an event onto itself. In my sleepless packing, I tossed into the carry on some collectibles I wanted to take with me, one of which had the shape of a gun. I was fortunate to have very good friends back home. The friend that drove us to the airport turned back to help take possession and care of my collectible. During the shuffle back to the plane, I lost a trinket that I picked up from my trip to New Zealand six years ago at the security checkpoint. Something I realized as I was boarding. I knew nothing could be done at this point. Perhaps I was leaving pieces of myself behind.

With the time on the plane I caught up with some films I missed. Star Trek, Shoot 'Em Up, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (My childhood memories are still better), Pelham 123...the food was edible like in most flights of this kind. I don't get any sleep on the flight here. Too much going on in the mind for it. I'm a mix bag of emotions. Finally we arrive to the hot beating sun of the East. I could feel the humidity as soon as we got off the plane.

And so it begins.

A new life in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment